The Town of Manteo PARC meets the Monday preceding the Planning and Zoning Board Meeting at 10:00 AM at the Town Hall, 407 Budleigh Street.
All property owners seeking a permit for structural additions, alterations, demolition, reconstruction, restoration or new construction within the Historic District shall have to submit plans for review to the PARC.
The Committee has the responsibility to:
- Undertake an inventory of properties of historical, architectural or cultural significance.
- Maintain and keep on file with the Town Clerk the list of historic structures designated by the Town Board of Commissioners.
- Recommend to the Manteo Board of Commissioners areas to be designated by ordinance as Historic Districts.
- Recommend to the Manteo Board of Commissioners areas within the Historic District that should be removed for cause.
- Review and make recommendations to the Planning and Zoning Board, or, when Planning Board action is not required, review and make recommendations to the Town Planner, for structural additions, alterations, demolition, reconstruction, restoration or new construction within the Historic District. The recommendations of the Committee shall be made to the Planning Board or to the Town Planner prior to the issuance of any permit by the Town for any structure within the District.
- Recommend to the Board of Commissioners buildings within the Town’s zoning jurisdiction that should be designated and listed as historic structure.
- Recommend to the Board of Commissioners buildings on the list of historic structures that should be removed for cause.
Submissions to the PARC should include:
□ Scaled drawings of the proposed alteration or new construction;
□ A photograph of the are to be altered; and
□ A narrative of the changes
Following a review by PARC a Certificate of Appropriateness will be issued.