The Finance Department is responsible for all revenue billing and collections, and general accounting for the Town of Manteo.
This includes but not limited to:
- Billing and collections of privilege licenses & utility billings.
- Performance of accounting for all departments and funds, administration of financial policies and procedures, and the reporting of budgetary, financial and grant information.
- Assistance in budget preparation and monitoring, disbursement and record keeping of all payments to vendors for goods and services, calculation and disbursement of wages to employees, and administration of Town insurance programs and policies.
- Investment of Town funds and managing cash flow, management of town debt, capital asset accounting and the external audit process.
- Assistance in the financial planning for long and short range capital improvement projects, and maintains an inventory of all town assets including real property, motor vehicles and equipment.
They also research and recommend to the Board of Commissioners regarding employee insurance, retirement benefits and monitor all records for each employee. In addition, they maintain all personnel records, attendance, and file any and all sales tax and quarterly and annual tax returns required by the State and Federal governments.